Sunday, April 08, 2007

Almost Home!

hey everyone!
So it has been a super long and somewhat exhausting year. I only have 2 weeks left of Bible College before I come home. So much has happened and in so many ways Ive grown. Looking back I find it incredble to see just how far God has taken me.

I guess it all started 8 months ago when I headed off to Steinbach (I think im becoming known for my random acts of randomness...) Bible College to take their counseling degree program. Steinbach is a mennonite city... and there was really no way anyone could have prepared me for everything I learnt in and outside of class. Since I do not consider myself menno at all despite some blood connections, at first I found this group of people refreshing and then soon after... frustrating. I could go into great details describing some of the issues that arose, but for your sake I will refrain. Th most important thing that I did learn though, is that through the many differences... we still have many simliarities including the greatest one, that is that we worship the same Lord!

I have taken a great many classes this past year all of which have aided me in my spiritual walk. My two favorites would have to be Church History and The Life and Teachings of Jesus. Scripture has opened up to me in a new way... as well as this man Jesus who we love and worship. My counseling classes were wonderfully taught yet hard to hear at times too. I've discovered that ignorance about some of the tough stuff in life is not healthy and is in no way helpful to the Body of Christ... haha it seems that again I could go on and on.

So anyways... that is my past... as to my future... this summer I will be living with my mom in Chilliwack. I got a job at the Minter Garden's Garden Center (a real blessing!). Even though I wont have my own vehicle I still hope to be able to come to the house church regularily and see you all.

I love you guys.
Can't wait to see you all again!
Amber C

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!!! thats awesome you'll be home this summer! me too! :) and like usual we've done a swell job of keeping in contact but hey, thats ok, we both know we love each other and i look forward to seeing you during the summer!
love ya girl!

amanda!!

Claire Shieh said...

Can;t wait to see you again too!! speically your laugh

Claire Shieh said...

And Amanda too... this summer is going to be so much fun to have you guys around again ^_^!!

Amygirl said...

Gonna be great to see you, Amber girl!

Claire Shieh said...

R u home yet? It's been more than 2 week, I think... Hope see you really soon