Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hi, guys (and gals).

I know it's been a while, sorry. I thought I'd update you on what is going on up here. Other than work, most weeks I get only one day off, so there hasn't been anything to write about. However, due to the work load, thank God, I payed off my DTS completely with the last paycheck. It took me until December to start to really be able to put money on it, but in the last 6 months I payed off the $3600 NZD that was owed, praise God. If it wasn't for Him, I would still be paying in tiny pieces. I still don't get to church, there's no evening church here on Sundays. Since I work 9 hours (until 11 pm) on Saturdays I find it hard to get up in the morning for church on Sunday mornings. However, I know it's only for a season and that when my debts are payed free and clear, I can go to where God wants to send me next. I am still looking ahead to Scotland for the school of intercessory prayer, then I am going to go back to Fiji (even if it's just a visit). I have been feeling like going back to NZ, which sort of came out of nowhere. As for short term , ie when am I coming down for a visit, I am coming down for Ashley's wedding (yay!!! much excitement here, and there) in August and I will be in town for a week, so I am going to be at house church on the Sunday, unless it happens to be the one week there isn't one. :) I booked my flight to Vancouver and booked the time off at both jobs. I feel disconnected up here, from God and the people I know. So if you could pray that somehow God and I would be able to really reconnect even if I can't make it to church, that I'd be able to put in the effort with Him. Our 6 months of winter are finally over, yay. That's it for here, I miss you all. God bless. Hilary

3 comments:

Denichi said...

great to hear from you! We will make sure that we will have house church for you!! It will be great to see you. I'll be gone this weekend, so what are the dates that you are coming down?

Denise

Claire Shieh said...

Good to hear from you!! Wish see you soon !!

Claire

Hilary said...

I'll be down for Ashley's wedding, exact days will be August 7th to 14th.