Friday, February 09, 2007

Finishing Strong


Hey yall

It has been a while since I have connected with many of you at the House Church. I could go on and on with feeble excuses but I think it is usually best just to be straight up, the reason I don't hang out is because I think you are all heretics....kidding kidding kidding. Actually, life for me has been pretty busy. Currently, I am trying to balance two part time jobs and full-time school, as well as leading a small group in Langley on Saturdays. I am one to pile things on, and this last while I have been learning the importance of balancing things and prioritizing things, to be focused. I have been challenged by close friends and family to continue to to strengthen my focus on Christ - to seek him and what he as called me to with all that I am and let everything else fall to the wayside.

Through some painful heart searching God has continued to bring things to the surface, continued to ask me to lay things down that prevent me from intimacy with him. My clenched fists have become pryed open and I have been learning to trust in a way that I have never been able to trust before. Also, I felt God calling me to continue to pursue excellence in the stuff I have commited to at Columbia Bible College so that I may be prepared to the next step he has for me. I believe that as we are faithful we are entrusted with more. So my challenge has been to walk in greater faithfulness with what is before me even though at times I have wanted to ditch it all for something fast and easy.... I don't think God is like the McDonald's or Timmy's drive through. So, as I have been commiting to CBC I have found it nearly impossible to make it out on Sundays, and my attendance is usually rare or non-existant.

Some of you may be agreening with me, others of you might be thinking wow, what a great feeble excuse for not comming out on Sundays. Well, whatever you might be thinking I would like to say that I love you all as my brothers and sisters in Christ. I continually hold you up in my prayers and thoughts. I remember a short time ago when the group was in transition when we were talking about covenant relationships. I take those talks very seriously and also take my commitment to you all very seriously. I believe that God has amazing things in store for the group(s) as they continue to seek God. So to make a long letter longer I want to sum it all up by saying, please don't consider my absence a sign of me not caring to be apart of your community any longer, or me thinking less of you...I love you all dearly, and miss you every Sunday meeting that goes by when I miss.

So you might be wondering why the email. Well I figure that in this culture many quit things half way through and don't bother telling anyone if they don't have to. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't quit on the group. I love you guys. Also, I just wanted to encourage to continue to remember the amazing journey that God has brought us all on and continue pursuing the Lord no matter what the season, don't quit, finish strong, run the race like never before. The Kingdom is at hand, the Kingdom is here, reach out and let it invade you and those around you.

Blessings,

Adam Nash

3 comments:

Lorrin said...

Hey Adam...I know that I can speak for most of the house church when I say that just because you can't be with us physically on Sundays doesn't mean you aren't with us in Spirit. You are and always will be a part of house church. As long as we get the occassional update on what God is doing in your life and that you are still alive...we understand. God bless and thanks for praying for us cause we will be praying for you!

Unknown said...

ADAM!!!!! Its so good to hear from you!! I totaly understand where your coming from- although I dont ever make it on a Sunday night I too feel that I've been so busy and sometimes lack with the whole communication thing- as you'll notice I haven't been on this blog in months!!!!!
I am always interested to know what God is doing in you and your life! Drop me a line sometime: amandamariewilliams@gmail.com
Bless you!!!!

Amanda

Amygirl said...

Adam, Thanks for writing. It was soooo good to see you last night. We love you very much and know that you are absolutely connected with us in Spirit. We miss you, but I totally know what it's like to feel overwhelmed and not be able to do everything I want to. We love you very much. Sorry we didn't get to sing your song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" last night. It is a rockin' tune! God is making you to be a great man and you're so right that that does not happen overnight eh?